The DftCom2 compiler is a MS Windows program which converts a single Gedcom file to the set of files required to implement a Dynamic Family Tree.
- Displays fully graphical, interactive family tree on a web browser (see example).
- Implemented as a Java Applet - very fast response to user actions.
- Shows children, spouse and four generations of ancestors of the individual at the tree focus.
- Individuals colour coded according to relationship to the tree owner
- Display details by positioning mouse pointer over an individual.
- Display Image (where available) of individual at the tree focus.
- Navigate the tree by:
- Clicking on displayed individual.
-Selecting individual from colour-coded drop-down, active index.
- Change the Language in which the Dynamic Family Tree is displayed.
- Move through history list of previous changes of tree focus.
- Change tree owner and re-calculate colour-coded relationships.
- Instant on-line multi-lingual Help facility.
Actual users' questionsSee all
Question: Is there a version for DftCom2 that can run on Windows10? I have tried one that seemed to me as the proper one, but I had some troubles and one of them related to JAVA. I couldn´t proceed. Would you be so kind to help me?Answer:
Unfortunately, the application seems to have been discontinued as its official website is no longer functional, so there are no newer versions. However, I've just installed the current version of DftCom2 on a Windows 10 PC and it worked without any problems.
In case you run into troubles related to Java again, make sure you have it installed on your PC. If not, download the software from its official page and install it on your computer.
Question: Does it support UNICODE?Answer:
Yes, the application supports UNICODE (UTF-8) format. This feature was implemented with the release of version 7.0. To find more information about it, visit the CHANGES page from the official website.